The LLVM Foundation is committed to diversity and education in the fields of compilers and tools, and supporting the long term health and growth of the LLVM Project. Therefore, the LLVM Foundation provides travel grants to students attending the LLVM Developers’ Meetings or other compilers and tools related educational conferences.
- be a current undergraduate or graduate student.
- not be an LLVM Foundation director, officer, or employee, or relative of any LLVM Foundation director, officer, or employee.
- be able to accept an international wire transfer payment, PayPal, or check.
- not be a resident of an embargoed or sanctioned country.
Unfortunately, due to challenges of wiring money to the country of India, we can not wire money to Indian bank accounts or fund Indian students at this time. We look forward to figuring out a solution going forward.
Scholarship recipients are selected based on the following criteria:
- Financial need
- Current research or academic work with the LLVM project
- Participation with the LLVM Project or relevant work experience
- Priority is given to those presenting a paper/work using LLVM or related sub-project at the conference/workshop.
- Priority may be given to women or minority students in order to encourage broader representation of women and minorities in computer science and engineering.
- Applications will be accepted through Sunday, August 20, 2023.
- Applicants are responsible for gathering and submitting all necessary information on the application form. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- All information received from the applicant will be treated as confidential and will not be shared outside of the LLVM Foundation except as required by governmental regulations such as IRS reviews of the LLVM Foundation’s Grant Program.
- Successful applicants will be notified as indicated on the LLVM Foundation website (typically 2 weeks after the application deadline) and will be given a grant letter, to be signed and returned to the selection committee before funds are disbursed.
The number and amount of individual awards may vary from year to year.
Successful applicants will be required to submit proof of attendance at the conference within 30 days of attending. Reimbursements shall not be made prior to the LLVM Foundation receiving all supporting documentation. Payments will be made payable to the recipient or the recipient’s legal guardian via Paypal or check (US residents only). Wire transfers are done under special circumstances. We cannot wire money, send PayPal, or write a check to someone other than the travel grant recipient unless they are a dependent of a legal guardian.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.